Thursday, December 30, 2010

Why did the Mobile Infirmary ask that people have their children assessed for ADHD?

Friends,

When the Mobile Infirmary moved into Baldwin County and published a Magazine asking that parent's have their Children assessed for ADHD or ADD I was thrilled!

 I thought to my self what a wonderful opportunity for the children of Baldwin County! I was hoping that I had been right and only a small portion of the County had been led to beleive something that was not true and didn't know about ADHD knowing that seemed almost impossible considering the highly educated population of this County and how it had grown to include so many wonderful and highly educated or self-educated along with the rest that had worked here most of our lives and lived in Mobile!

When I moved here from Mobile after living in Mobile but working here in this County my whole life except for also working for a Company where I had traveled to 6 Southern States and a couple of other jobs as most likely listed somewhere on my profile. On one of these sites or Face Book or where ever I met a couple or three people that didn't care much for outsiders but for the most part this County has been good to me and my Family which was an understatement!

The place is home and not one thing that I've ever done would lead me to feel otherwise. Now does that sound like a confession from a man that had a confession to make or does it sound more like a man that is struggling to determine the what, why's and when's of some of the reasons I have had such an assault upon my senses and at times upon myself for claiming almost shouting now at the top of my lungs Halleluiegh that this County had one more Organization dedicated to the betterment of man kind through it's children's education through the treatment for ADHD!

Forgive me for a lack of grammer this morning because I stayed up late last night to post some article's and work on my computer so that contrary to popular beleif it would seem I can do the two things that lead to fullfillment of your goals for your family and hopefully one more person two on this planet!

That is too take care of my family and make a living at the same time which gives some of us that work so much the only alternative other than to write, if we had time in any other business to help somebody!

How am I trying too help somebody? Well it sure wasn't seen as a bad idea by the folks at my doctor's office when I told them of my idea and that I had every intention of making it clear that people should see a professional but I had already started this blog and I'm not an idiot so I had already began to say that people should see a professional and I meant Men, women and children for the treatment of a condition or two that had become such a thorn in my side that I thought I was the only person on this side of the Bay that had heard of ADHD!

I knew of it from being a child and living on an Island which by the way no one else seemed to know about it but my Uncle in Birmingham certainly did as did his wife my aunt Jane!

My experience was being too ADHD to really give much thought to it as a child because I spent all of my time trying to get out of doing school work so I could go to work and after work ride a bicycle 20+ miles a day in the winter time or in the summer plan an escape and adventure in my jon boat for whatever reason I could come up with reasonable or not! since I couldn't come up with a reasonable idea I grew up at 16 or a little earlier in my over confident mind and when I my girlfriend became pregnant nothing I had anything to do with I said "Great"!

That is my excuse to get the hell out of school and make a million dollars!

Thank god for my son where ever the hell he is because he taught me something I just didn't pay attention!

Oh it was in my memory banks I just didn't think I needed any professional advice because I was so smart til I almost killed myself and lost my ability to self-medicate a term that you would think any idiot would understand could be both good and bad depending on your diagnosis of yourself based on what knowledge you stumbled on in your ADHD minds journey through this life!

 That's why I might as well say it there are so many people in prison or close to winding up dead or in prison themselves over being most likely a full time thrill seeker and not a part-time thrill seeker that has some idea of right from wrong and how to work for thrill, play for thrill and thanks to my parents, some success that opened the door to find others that worked so hard from being a builder to playing the best damn music that I had heard from the south since the Black Crowes or stop!

Picked up again at 2:09 pm on 12-16-10.

I don't feel like completing, editing or otherwise doing much at all because I'm just trying to figure where I am at after sleeping on and off for the last few days catching hell when I'm do wake up!

Who knows what I wrote and I doubt anyone really cares but I hope they do because I can't take anything but love and that's a thing that is hard to come by these days!

God I hope you are not in my shoes in anyway shape or fashion because I love everbody else regardless of how they feel about me. Insanity could be but it's mainly because I've had to much sleep and I'm out of the loop!

Although I'm scared to take one these mixed up Adderalls that weren't mixed up when I bought them at CVS I'm going to flip a coin and take one and hope for the best because my life depends on one of the damn things working right! wish me luck please because I'm not kidding around here. I wish I was.

God bless, Peace, Love and knowledge!

-Floyd C. Wooley

Originally written but not posted middle of December 2010!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Al.Com

al.com - Alabama Blogs

Wikipedia

Support Wikipedia

Popular Posts