Sunday, December 2, 2012

journal entry 120212-A: Congratulations to the Winners!




Please visit wikipedia for the details on this turn of the Century portrait of an American Football Team as well as the game painting between Rutgers and Princeton; research for yourself the "Origins" of this American Past-time at your leisure!

First let me offer my condolences to the members of the families involved in the "Tragedy" in Kansas City! My heart goes out to all of those involved.

Results of Cliff's Football Picks week number 14 for 2012!

My Win Loss Record stinks as usual but it certainly has been one of those pleasures in life to "give' it a try each week in picking the winners and losers not to mention "poking" a little fun at some of the winners and losers of each game.

I based some of my so-called humor on "Leonards Losers" remembered from my child-hood each Saturday and "The Pick of Dixie" game that was normally broadcast over the "radio"!

Leonard Postero. Native of Athen's Georgia! December 11, 1922 - July 20th, 2001
"Sir? I vaguely and fondly remember your radio program. I hope you are looking down on us now with "The Bear" and "Coach Walley Butts among others!"

For Week 14: 4 winners! 6 Losers!
For the year: 60 winners! 52 Losers!

I hope you have enjoyed the post more than I have.

Congratulations to this weeks winners:

1. Louisville

2. Northern Illinois

3. Stanford

4. Tulsa

5. Baylor

6. Oklahoma State

7. Florida State

8. Wisconsin

9. Texas

10. Hawaii! Hawaii 23 The University of South Alabama "Jaguars" 7. Coach Jones? I know a loss is a loss because and Thank God we have no more "Ties" cause the "Bear" said "it was like kissing your sister"- however if you don't mind me saying so "Congratulations Coach Jones on your first year in FBS"! Particularly the game against Hawaii. Coach Jones for some reason I can't make myself stay up late enough to listen or to watch a game that late but that is beside the point. Go Jaguars!

11. Alabama! Rolllll Tide Roll! Gawga and Coach Richt- you have one damn fine football team. It was a pleasure to watch. I hope to see it again.

Coach Saban and to "The Crimson Tide" Football Team and Nation! Thank you so much for being a part of not only my life but that of so many others! I saw my mother today and she said "That was one of the most exciting and enjoyable games she had ever seen!"

Today was her 75th birthday and what more of a present could she ask for than for Alabama to win the SEC Championship? My parents have been to "Four" Alabama vs Notre Dame games if my meory serves me correctly and I have been to one. Good Luck and God Speed in your game against Notre Dame on January 7th 2013! I hope to be watching. I sure want my mama to watch the Crimson Tide bring home that 15th Championship!

Thank you!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

wikipedia.org

No comments:

Al.Com

al.com - Alabama Blogs

Wikipedia

Support Wikipedia

Popular Posts