Sunday, June 10, 2012

Journal Entry 091012-C: Ole Miss vs Alabama 100888 in Tuscaloosa!


Fellow Bama Fans,

"Warning"! The following account of my "solo" trip to see The Ole Miss Rebels play The University of Alabama "Crimson Tide" may be "offensive" to some Tide Fans!

The October of 1988 was not one of the better in my life!

I was seperated from my second wife whom would soon become my third wife.

Please stay with me.

Long-story short. I at the time was working as President and Operations Manager for "Southern Foundation Drilling Company, Inc.

Our crew and I had just completed a job in Leeds, Alabama at the elementary school East of Birmingham and it being a Friday the crew wanted to get back to Mobile.

I decided to stay over and go to the game on Saturday Afternoon.

I think I spent the night in Birmingham because I remember going to J.C.Penny and purchasing a "black member's Only Jacket because it get's quite cool occasionally in North Alabama in October!

I also purchased my first pair of "cowboy" boots!

The next morning I was up early and on my way to T-Town for the game that wouldn't turn out so great for Bama or Coach Curry or his office window!

It wasn't his fault nor mine as I used to foolishly joke about!

I sat in the Ole Miss section which at the time was in the South-East corner of tBryant-Denny Stadium!

It was a good game and Ole Miss played the hell out of us!

I was miserably stunned and no offense so was every one else in the stadium both Bama and Rebel fans!

Toward the end of that beautiful but miserable day as it appeared Bama might lose the Ole Miss fans were pessimistic!

I had grown tired of the quiet on both sides. Yall please don't take offense? I feel like you ought to leave every game "win or lose" without your voice!

I told the Ole Miss fans I think yall are gonna win and they replied "no were not"! I replied "I think you might"!

I thought or maybe I thought "I wish yall or somebody would yell?"

Ole Miss won that game 22-12!

I finished the year "re-marrying" my second wife in the Tuscaloosa Court-House while my "new-born" daughter Allison Elizabeth Wooley cried with a case of "colic" in the arms of both my now ex-wife "Valerie" and mine!

We remarried in Tuscaloosa, Alabama because I had won the contract to put the at the time "new" Science and Engineering Building on Campus; north-east of Bryant-Denny!

We worked on that foundation in December 1988!

The Items listed below range in price from:

$1.00 to $10.00 and are available For Sale at Battle Ship Marine!

19680 State Highway 181
Fairhope, Alabama

251-367-4111

Please stop by and see me during our regular business hours or give me a call at: 1-251-367-4111

Oh I said that. I hope to have more sports memorabilia and apparrel available to offer you as I expand my operation In-Store and On-Line!

Roll Tide Roll!

God bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley








No comments:

Al.Com

al.com - Alabama Blogs

Wikipedia

Support Wikipedia

Popular Posts