Monday, June 4, 2012

Journal Entry 060412-A: Live Tonight! Oklahoma vs Bama!



Bama Nation,

Tonight Live on an ESPN Channel near you or most likely On-line the ESPN Network near you!

Oklahoma has a fine group of players, coaches and fans!

I know the fans are good people my ex-wife Valerie my youngest son "Alex" and I sat in the Oklahoma Section in Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on September 6th, 2003!

Of course the game was between The University of Alabama and The highly ranked Oklahoma Sooners!

Alabama had a good team and of course all of us in the Bama Nation were pulling for The Crimson Tide and were expecting them to win but the truth be known we were either on probation or coming off probation and our talent level no our numbers and depth were down not our Pride!

Long story short we fought with "pluck and grit" but were not the winners that day on the score board but the Oklahoma fans I met that day although I forget their names had "had real class" as the Bear might put it!

As a side note we all had a chance to see "Fleet-wood Mac" that night in Biloxi with Stevie Nicks!

My daughter Allison went to the concert.

I had always wanted to see "Stevie" in concert but I could never pass up a chance to watch such an electric atmosphere as a matchup in Bryant-Denny Stadium between The University of Alabama Crimson Tide and The Oklahoma University Sooners!

I left the game impressed by the "class" of the Oklahoma fans that I talked with during that game and their comments made in our conversation!

I wish Oklahoma well in the Championship Series but I'll always be a Tide fan!

Let's hope the J-Train gets Rollin early and Bama takes the best of three series and brings a Trophy back to T-Town for us all to enjoy with Coach Murphy, The players their families and of course ths coaching staff!

Roll Tide Roll!

The game starts at 7:00 pm CDT!

God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Al.Com

al.com - Alabama Blogs

Wikipedia

Support Wikipedia

Popular Posts